Mona Lisa Smile

I assume that most of you who are reading this knows that there's a very famous painting called "Mona Lisa" painted by Leonardo DaVinci (if i'm not mistaken). I'm not very sure why is the painting was so well known around the world. However, I believe that there's something behind Mona Lisa's smile. I heard from people that the painting was famous because of her smile: the smile that is not only just a smile.

No... I'm not going to discuss about Mona Lisa here! Haha~ I'm mentioning "the smile that is not only just a smile". Hmm... Let's make it a little simpler (?): the truth behind the smile.

When you see a person in front of you, smiling or laughing, does that mean that he/she is actually happy or feeling funny? Not exactly.

I remember I've posted a blog called "Mask". It is somewhat similar to what I've mentioned some time ago. Things are just not what it seems to be. You couldn't really tell that the person who is smiling or laughing is feeling happy or funny. There are possibilities that the person is feeling very sad or depressed inside. However, he/she did not show it, but cover it with smiles and laughters.

How do I know? Because I do that too. Some of the times. I'm glad to say that I'm a girl who is a happy person, that's why people see me smile and laugh alot. Some might even say that I've gone insane (or preferably called as "koo-koo") because I just laughed too much.

Yes. I do have some fake moments. Fake smile. Fake laugh. FAKE.

Why there are such moments? To cover whatever it's deep inside. The frustration, the anger, the depression, the... Can't think of anymore at the moment. But anyway, mainly it is to avoid people from asking questions like :" Hey, why are you so frown looking today?" / "Are you ok today?"/ "Is there something bothering you?" Besides that, is to not making others worry about the person who's giving "fake smiles and laughs".

Besides that, just a simple smile can avoid some other unwanted questions. When a person says something that you don't agree with, and asks whether do you agree with him/her, a smile is a kind of answer you can give. What is the answer exactly? No comment. You did not give the person an exact answer, even if some time after that, the person says again that you agree with what he/she said previously, you can safely said that:" I did not say that I've agreed with what you've said, I just smile because I have no comment, not that I have the same mind with you!" Cunning? Maybe.

Mona Lisa smile... Is she smiling from the depth of her heart? Or is it that she's trying to hide something by giving people a smile which has hidden meanings in it? I couldn't tell because I don't know anything about Mona Lisa. However, same with human beings. When you see a person smiling, can you really tell that that person is really 'smiling'? Depends.

-Jas-

Comments

Anonymous said…
Faking smiles might be good, for now, but there are no perfect lies in the world.

Try to fake smiles with a sad heart for 24/7. See what happens to this person.

And eventually others who are sensitive enough (and who mix with this person) will find out too.

Fake smiles can only avoid others' questions (even you have mentioned) temporarily, but do not solve problems after all.

Popular posts from this blog

Do you believe...(1)

Love (2)

Maturity (1)