Letting it go.
There were a few times that I watched Oprah's show, talking about the issue of some people who have obsessiveness in buying stuff, having lots of debts and still buying expensive items, and then store them all at home. Some used once or twice, some were even forgotten and were left there piling all over the house.
I loved watching the Oprah show, and if it's possible I would really love to have all seasons' episodes kept with me. Unfortunately... I can't, and I don't even have the time to follow it on television. Sadly to say, Oprah show's on the last season already. It's really devastating to know such inspiring and informative show's coming to an end after decades of broadcasting.
Well, likewise the saying "all good things come to an end" is true.
Whoops. Off topic again.
As I was saying, there are people (or probably families) that have their homes piled up with stuffs. Or... in a harsher word, rubbish (but not literally)! These people have problems throwing away their things that they bought, and kept on buying things which they already owned. And the amazing thing is... some don't even realize the problems they're having.
I learned from the show that your home (or like say your "territory" in a house) is a representation of your psychological well being, as well as your characteristic. How messy your "territory" is, represents how "messy" you are psychologically. Likewise it represents how attached you are with the things you bought, and you couldn't throw it away (there's a name to this but... I can't remember xD).
I learned from the show that it is important to keep your "territory" organized, clean and as spacious as possible. The reason is because believe it or not, it affects your psychological well being.
Today I finally gave myself one whole day, ticking off the lists of to-clean-and-tidy-s. It had been a really long time since I last take the initiative to clean up things and spaces of my own.
It had been truly refreshing to finally tidy up some cupboards that I kept throwing rubbish into, and utilize them more wisely than I used to. And also arranging the piles of music scores that were in complete havoc in the past, had definitely made me feel great. Throwing and/or giving away a series of stuffs that were no longer used or kept aside was extremely satisfying.
Nonetheless, reorganizing my things made me realize once more how many things I have! From books, piano scores, magazines, accessories (especially!!), clothes (too!!), bras and panties (LMAO. NO JOKE.)... Looking at all the stuffs I had, makes me want to clear off half of them and give them to someone else. However, I couldn't because it's not like I don't use them. I have a lot, and I use a lot too!
Letting some things go are difficult, so I tend to keep them for a longer period. Then, someday in the future when I were to clear my stuffs again I might let them go as I realized that it'll be more useful for others. Even so, some things were easy to let go because I know I no longer use them and there's no use keeping them, piling them up and giving myself more rubbish to keep!
I guess... in a very indirect way, I felt as if I let go of certain aspects about myself and my life. The satisfying sensation was truly addictive in a way. I was tired with all the sweat and *beep* hot weather... Nonetheless, letting it go had never been bad at all.
-Jas-
Comments