Needle
Heck... MSN is making me frustrating now... For the whole day, I still can't sign in! LOL... Anyway, just let me start off.
This happened when I was staying at my maternal grandmother's house.
One day, I went upstairs of the house to my grandmother's room (where I, my grandmother, my mother and aunt slept together). There's a (ancient) sewing machine in the room. Well, of course there are many things like needles, threads, bla bla bla... Instruements that needed for sewing. So, I was in front of the room, going to step my... right foot in, then my grandmother just said :" STOP! Don't come in, here take this to downstairs. I want to look for a needle. I dropped it just now." I said :" Oh, okay~"
Then I saw her knelt down, quite... difficultly knelt down on the wooden floor (no, I'm not staying in a wooden house, the floor happens to be made out of wood), then her arms spread, hands touched on the floor to look for the lost needle. (Oh, she's wearing specs.) I was looking at her, it was a challenge for her to look for a fine, small needle. Yet, her age, and her eyesight, does not stop her for looking the needle.
I then decided to help her look for the needle. I knelt down in front of the door, and instantly, I saw the needle she dropped. I yelled :" Here it is!" Then I gave her the needle. She was smiling, then she was trying to stand... Well, difficult for her to stand up too... She said thank you to me, and kept the needle, as I just walked away.
The moment I knelt down and helped her to look for the needle, she was kneeling too, in front of me. Something strucked me instantly. AGE.
The moment I and my grandmother knelt down together, there's like an invisible line in between (not generation gap, ok?? LOL) . It's undescribable. I don't know how to tell what kind of feeling I was having. I felt something that she might felt, that is: How fast was it? It's like a second ago, I was still young; the next thing I know, I'm old now! And my eldest grand daughter, used to be so small, has now grown up. I felt that she was having these thoughts in her mind.
Whereas for me, I was thinking: Gee, I wonder how fast time will past? Now I'm able to find a needle on the floor the moment I knelt down. Will I able to do that when I'm old? There's like an age line in between. Once I cross it, I will be old (someday, that is) and there's no way that I can turn back.
Gosh... Dunno what the heck I'm posting.
-Jas-
This happened when I was staying at my maternal grandmother's house.
One day, I went upstairs of the house to my grandmother's room (where I, my grandmother, my mother and aunt slept together). There's a (ancient) sewing machine in the room. Well, of course there are many things like needles, threads, bla bla bla... Instruements that needed for sewing. So, I was in front of the room, going to step my... right foot in, then my grandmother just said :" STOP! Don't come in, here take this to downstairs. I want to look for a needle. I dropped it just now." I said :" Oh, okay~"
Then I saw her knelt down, quite... difficultly knelt down on the wooden floor (no, I'm not staying in a wooden house, the floor happens to be made out of wood), then her arms spread, hands touched on the floor to look for the lost needle. (Oh, she's wearing specs.) I was looking at her, it was a challenge for her to look for a fine, small needle. Yet, her age, and her eyesight, does not stop her for looking the needle.
I then decided to help her look for the needle. I knelt down in front of the door, and instantly, I saw the needle she dropped. I yelled :" Here it is!" Then I gave her the needle. She was smiling, then she was trying to stand... Well, difficult for her to stand up too... She said thank you to me, and kept the needle, as I just walked away.
The moment I knelt down and helped her to look for the needle, she was kneeling too, in front of me. Something strucked me instantly. AGE.
The moment I and my grandmother knelt down together, there's like an invisible line in between (not generation gap, ok?? LOL) . It's undescribable. I don't know how to tell what kind of feeling I was having. I felt something that she might felt, that is: How fast was it? It's like a second ago, I was still young; the next thing I know, I'm old now! And my eldest grand daughter, used to be so small, has now grown up. I felt that she was having these thoughts in her mind.
Whereas for me, I was thinking: Gee, I wonder how fast time will past? Now I'm able to find a needle on the floor the moment I knelt down. Will I able to do that when I'm old? There's like an age line in between. Once I cross it, I will be old (someday, that is) and there's no way that I can turn back.
Gosh... Dunno what the heck I'm posting.
-Jas-
Comments