Really "Peter". Jin Jia "Khor".

To those who were in the same course as I do might be scoffing and grinning over the title.
To those who were not... well Peter Khor is a lecturer of mind for Adolescent and Adult Development this semester; and he is one heck of an interesting lecturer.

First of all, I seriously thank God for giving us a good, new lecturer who make teaching somewhat interesting (with his stories from the past, that is). Well... let's just say I had a pretty not-so-good experience from the new lecturer appointed to one of our subjects last semester. LOL.

The title itself - Really "Peter". Jin Jia "Khor".
is a mixture of both English and Hokkien that got me totally LOLed in class by the lecturer himself a he described himself as "really bitter", other wise said in Hokkien "jin jia khor". Regarding his personal regards about his "bitterness", well we are yet to discover in this semester. Haha~

Why a post of him?
Uh, no I absolutely have no crush over a lecturer who is the same age as my father.
And he's definitely not cute (unless you think Jackie Chan's cute, probably you'll think he's cute because he's one Jackie Chan look-a-like). Okay on second thought he is kind of cute while he's telling jokes and those silly expression that made us laugh. LOL.
Anyway back to the point, I decided to write a post of him because personally I think that he is a true inspiration giver especially to the new generations of youngsters like us.

How?
He told us some of his stories in his past when he was still an adolescent (oh it was WAY back. HAHA.). His stories revealed that he is one pretty rebellious kid, because of his extremely strict mother. Even though, he was brought up in an extremely strict environment and almost everything he wished to do while he was young were prohibited, had paid off as he grew old.

I was amazed of his courage to face all of the hard times during his past. The courage to ask "why" but yet being given back (totally) unreasonable reasons (as all parents just love to do it, anyway). The courage to actually go against his parents even though being punished by the most humiliating and hurtful way, and then being able to stand up again.

I was even amazed that even though he might not have achieved his initial dream (being a rockstar, he was dead serious that he will be one if it isn't because of the constrictions he had when he was young) but yet chose another path - psychology, and achieved it really well. Also, as I have said he had a dream of playing the electric guitar and be a rock star. He actually released an album with his band mates! That is... assuming he did not lie to us, haha. So somehow he had achieved his dream even though not ended up in the best way and considering the fact that he was being pulled down and tied up back then.

I honestly salute him for being able to at least do a little bit of something of what he wished. That man has got serious guts and risk taking. Haha.

The inspiration I got from himself and his past were these:
no matter how hard it is, just strive for it.
no matter how hard you were being pushed down, stand up by yourself and stand strong.
no matter how impossible something seems to others or even to yourself, there is no harm trying.

Other than those, there were things that had imprinted me even deeper.

Parents, played such an important role in influencing their children.
It is much more critical and strong than any parents had realized on how their actions towards themselves, others or their children can affect their children in terms of psychological development.
Sadly, I don't think most parents in this world realize how big their strength is in terms of their influence towards their children.

Also, parents' protection towards their children... are not always the best for them. It may even destruct them in ways that they could not imagine.

My lecturer had been so protected and I would say his parent was in a way very irrational towards him (no offence to your parents, sir. Totally my personal opinions and views). And the way he was being treated or taught in his past had had a great impact on him that made him who he was today - no matter in good or bad. However, it relies on the individual him/herself on how he/she wanted to take in the past and shape him/herself in the future with the impact given during growth development.

So much for parents.
So much for self.
So much for psychology.

-Jas-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you believe...(1)

Love (2)

Maturity (1)