The reasons.
"Love may be life,
but life is not all about love."
but life is not all about love."
I believe it, and I hold on to it.
The reasons why, are because:
* Everything that we hold on to and cherish, may be love; however, there are many other aspects incorporated with it that holds everything together.
* There are too many perspectives for the almighty term "love" that are misunderstood and misused by us; however, often times we ignore the logical or even the illogical sides of it.
* There is no such thing as: We cannot live without love; there are other more important things that we cannot live without: air, water, food, shelter, warmth, health, determination, beliefs, faith - life.
* The world is such a big and huge place, so much that are yet to be discovered, so much that we have not came across to - so many different experiences and emotions that are new to us.
* Life has more interesting and meaningful happenings aside from "love" itself.
*****
I had friends asking me the same question again and again.
"Hey, are you involved in a relationship yet?"
My answer, had been same for the past three years.
"No."
And often times they would not believe me.
"Really?"
Never I would tell a lie about this.
"Really."
Then they start to question me the possible reasons.
"Why? You turn guys down, didn't you?"
"Are you sure no guys hit on you?"
"You're ignoring the potential ones, didn't you?"
"OH MY GOD. Don't tell me you're... you're... Please tell me you're straight?"
Again and again, I would give nothing but the truth.
"No, I didn't turn anyone down. There's just no one to let me turn down!"
"I am sure. And I'm not lying!"
"I did not! Do you know I can count with my fingers the number of guys I know in University?"
"I am all crazy over a person named Park YooChun who happens to be a guy. Now, isn't that enough said?"
Some believe it, some do not.
Some, however, gave me a piece of their advice.
"You have got to put your standards a little bit lower."
"Open your heart a little! Don't just close it!"
"Come one, gives some guys out there a chance."
"You're a big girl now; it's time for you to go out there and get involved!"
"If a guy ever asks you out for a date, just go! See what happens! If it works, then great. If it doesn't, well just forget it and go for the next one. Just give each other chances!"
My piece of mind?
"Come on guys, get a grip."
I appreciate the amount of care (and a whole lot amount of worry, as I can see) from everyone; but hey, I'm a pretty mature "little girl", no?
To those who are reading until this point, first off I thank you for being able to read until HERE because this is a really long post. Secondly, I would pledge you to keep on reading until the end.
Why?
Because here, are my reasons regarding the issue being discussed.
Because here, you may find answers about myself.
Because here, you might discover answers to yourselves, too.
Why a person is not involved in a relationship?
01 Have not found "the" person yet.
02 Absolutely no potential targets.
03 Small social circle of the opposite sex (or same sex *wink*).
04 Not interested in anyone, yet.
05 Still loving "single-ism".
06 The timing is not there yet.
Deeper considerations of why a person is not involved yet?
01 Personal goals have not been made.
02 Immaturity of mind.
03 The avoidance/fear/decline/readiness to real and serious commitment.
04 Financial inability towards self.
05 Bad experiences in previous involvements.
06 Bad examples from people who are close/near in terms of relationship/proximity.
07 Psychological disorders.
08 Many other aspects that are needed to be taken into account such as values, beliefs, etc.
I shall not elaborate further for each of the points mentioned,
because I'll end up ranting.
All that I wanted to say is, to be involved in a relationship involving two persons of the opposite sexes have so many (too many in fact) aspects to be taken into consideration. It is not solely about "love". It is not plainly just about the special feeling you feel towards a particular person.
A relationship, is one of the most complicated chemistry mixture in the whole wide world; because, it doesn't take just a simple word "love" to work or start it. It takes almost everything in life that one could think of in order to make the relationship a success and a long lasting one.
My answer: I am not ready for it yet.
Aside the fact that I hardly knew any guys and thus the probability to get involved is already low, AND the fact that apparently no one gives me butterflies in my tummy aside from Mr. Park YooChun and the other fellow members of TVXQ!, I believe I am still not mature enough to accept the consequences (may it be good or bad) in a relationship.
No more asking me when I will have a guy or if I am with someone, please?
Every time the same questions thrown at me, I had so much thinking to do (this post is THE proof of almost all of my possible considerations regarding this issue).
-Jas-
Comments