When life seemed rather colorful.
When was the last time I posted something happy and positive again?
I guess it was a little bit too long ago. Haha~
I'm a pessimist who sees the glass as half empty anyway!
Hence, me being a lazy bum again even during my last semester is procrastinating at this moment to post something positive in life!
30 hours famine.
Finally after 2-3 years since the last time I attended famine camp as a camper, I decided to join the DIY camp this year and volunteered as a group leader almost 2 months ago. Words to sum up my experience: encouraging, fun, energetic, insightful and most of all - heart warming.
All of these started from the training program for group leaders and volunteers, whereby all of us get to know each other who were taking part in the program. Also, to have fun with the games as well as learning how the progress of the famine would go. Although it was sad that I did not get to participate in the crazy "living in the slums" game, yet I enjoyed my day, nonetheless. =)
I had to wake up early to reach the camping site with MJ, and to get some briefing and preparations done. Seeing many people - new faces, already known faces, familiar faces - was just got myself excited from what to expect! At the same time, I was a little anxious whether if I was able to pull through the famine and to be able to lead a group of campers. And also - to be independent!
I was thankful of my neighbouring group leaders whom were very outgoing and friendly as they took the first step of saying hi and making friends with me. :D In no time all of us mingled with each other as if we've known each other for a few months! All the teasing and mocking... Haha~ Love every moment of it. =)
The biggest enjoyment of this camp was definitely the group members of my group! I was definitely happy, honored, and glad to be leading 10 little kids (youngest being 18 and oldest being same age as I do) throughout the 30 hours. Although I was not sure if I had done a good job in mixing and leading them, I was truly thankful that they gave me good feed backs! In fact they voiced how they enjoyed the famine camp together, and it was fun being with me. All of these led to adding each other in FB, and still keeping that little bit of contact with each other and taking note of each others' statuses. =) I was very, very overwhelmed. And it was very heartwarming with all the encouragement I got from them, too.
Also, through this camp I had known quite a number of new people from other Universities! And also the strength of Emcee-ing, truly superb and extremely high level of difficulty. This camp had served as a great bonding between people who had known each other very well, and also between those who weren't very fond of each other. Oh, and strangers too! :D Totally love all the fruits I got from this camp. =)
Ladies' night special.
First time ever that I went to experience clubbing after being legal for quite some time! The experience was nonetheless something very new, and it was something that I would want to experience again! Although I love dancing since a very young age, I had never had the chance to take dance classes until a couple of years back - when I finally enrolled to a modern jazz dance class. Going to clubbing was like a release, meaning that I don't care if I look weird or anything - I just want to groove to the music and dance my own way! Love it~ =)
So we go again somewhere near the future eh guys? *wink wink* xD
New anticipating experiences.
Maybe it is a little bit late to mention about this, yet... it isn't exactly late anyway. xD It made me feel rather down and moody as it's a fact that this is my very last semester for my Bachelor's Degree in Psychology. *sigh* However, I can truly anticipate that this semester may end with a huge bang! Why? It's simply because the awesome courses that were taken in this final semester of mine. I guess I was really lucky to extend one more semester, because I get to attend two new courses which were offered this semester - contemporary psychology and play therapy.
Contemporary psychology definitely served as a huge opportunity to go beyond boundaries: speaking out your mind and opinions with less fear of being judged and bearing the consequences, challenges your own beliefs and stands towards certain issues, stepping out of your comfort zone and going against it... In a nutshell, it's a course that required a hell lot of thinking - which I absolutely LOVE. I was thankful to be given such a safe ground to experiment so much of these opportunities, and not to mention - to be inspired every time I step into the class. It was almost something like a philosophical class, to me. =)
As for introduction to play therapy, it served as a different gate of opportunity too! It is definitely a fascinating medium in counseling therapy for children, and also to myself, somehow. Do you have a course that let's you play with toys in almost any way that you want, and also to completely regress back to being a little child again? I'm really glad that I have! Although attending this course had definitely given me a whole new experience and consideration into venturing further into this field, it's also like a form of therapy for myself. It's really enjoyable to be a kid again - without judgments, without boundaries, without worries. =)
Life isn't really bad after all, for now I guess!
-Jas-
I guess it was a little bit too long ago. Haha~
I'm a pessimist who sees the glass as half empty anyway!
Hence, me being a lazy bum again even during my last semester is procrastinating at this moment to post something positive in life!
30 hours famine.
Finally after 2-3 years since the last time I attended famine camp as a camper, I decided to join the DIY camp this year and volunteered as a group leader almost 2 months ago. Words to sum up my experience: encouraging, fun, energetic, insightful and most of all - heart warming.
All of these started from the training program for group leaders and volunteers, whereby all of us get to know each other who were taking part in the program. Also, to have fun with the games as well as learning how the progress of the famine would go. Although it was sad that I did not get to participate in the crazy "living in the slums" game, yet I enjoyed my day, nonetheless. =)
I had to wake up early to reach the camping site with MJ, and to get some briefing and preparations done. Seeing many people - new faces, already known faces, familiar faces - was just got myself excited from what to expect! At the same time, I was a little anxious whether if I was able to pull through the famine and to be able to lead a group of campers. And also - to be independent!
I was thankful of my neighbouring group leaders whom were very outgoing and friendly as they took the first step of saying hi and making friends with me. :D In no time all of us mingled with each other as if we've known each other for a few months! All the teasing and mocking... Haha~ Love every moment of it. =)
The biggest enjoyment of this camp was definitely the group members of my group! I was definitely happy, honored, and glad to be leading 10 little kids (youngest being 18 and oldest being same age as I do) throughout the 30 hours. Although I was not sure if I had done a good job in mixing and leading them, I was truly thankful that they gave me good feed backs! In fact they voiced how they enjoyed the famine camp together, and it was fun being with me. All of these led to adding each other in FB, and still keeping that little bit of contact with each other and taking note of each others' statuses. =) I was very, very overwhelmed. And it was very heartwarming with all the encouragement I got from them, too.
Also, through this camp I had known quite a number of new people from other Universities! And also the strength of Emcee-ing, truly superb and extremely high level of difficulty. This camp had served as a great bonding between people who had known each other very well, and also between those who weren't very fond of each other. Oh, and strangers too! :D Totally love all the fruits I got from this camp. =)
Ladies' night special.
First time ever that I went to experience clubbing after being legal for quite some time! The experience was nonetheless something very new, and it was something that I would want to experience again! Although I love dancing since a very young age, I had never had the chance to take dance classes until a couple of years back - when I finally enrolled to a modern jazz dance class. Going to clubbing was like a release, meaning that I don't care if I look weird or anything - I just want to groove to the music and dance my own way! Love it~ =)
So we go again somewhere near the future eh guys? *wink wink* xD
New anticipating experiences.
Maybe it is a little bit late to mention about this, yet... it isn't exactly late anyway. xD It made me feel rather down and moody as it's a fact that this is my very last semester for my Bachelor's Degree in Psychology. *sigh* However, I can truly anticipate that this semester may end with a huge bang! Why? It's simply because the awesome courses that were taken in this final semester of mine. I guess I was really lucky to extend one more semester, because I get to attend two new courses which were offered this semester - contemporary psychology and play therapy.
Contemporary psychology definitely served as a huge opportunity to go beyond boundaries: speaking out your mind and opinions with less fear of being judged and bearing the consequences, challenges your own beliefs and stands towards certain issues, stepping out of your comfort zone and going against it... In a nutshell, it's a course that required a hell lot of thinking - which I absolutely LOVE. I was thankful to be given such a safe ground to experiment so much of these opportunities, and not to mention - to be inspired every time I step into the class. It was almost something like a philosophical class, to me. =)
As for introduction to play therapy, it served as a different gate of opportunity too! It is definitely a fascinating medium in counseling therapy for children, and also to myself, somehow. Do you have a course that let's you play with toys in almost any way that you want, and also to completely regress back to being a little child again? I'm really glad that I have! Although attending this course had definitely given me a whole new experience and consideration into venturing further into this field, it's also like a form of therapy for myself. It's really enjoyable to be a kid again - without judgments, without boundaries, without worries. =)
Life isn't really bad after all, for now I guess!
-Jas-
Comments